Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ads That Work

I have to make a comment on ads in the form of email marketing pieces. I am sure we all get inundated with emails from all sorts of sources and companies and 99% of what comes in get's immediately deleted by us before even opening the email to view it. Personally, I wake up around 6:30AM and go through the emails on my Blackberry and immediately delete any and all email marketing/advertisement promo pieces..... except for one. Ugg Boots.

Ugg has successfully created the most aesthetic and appealing ads I have seen out of anyone. They actually make me want to buy boots for my wife virtually every time. Their strategy? Aesthetics. Create ad pieces that are so slick, with photography that is fantastically high end and shoot each shot in unbelievable settings in Australia that anyone in the world would want to travel to or be at the moment they get the email.... and, well, you have a winner. They sell with aesthetics. No coupons, no gimmicks, just fantastic aesthetics that create desire and interest and ultimately response that I am certain creates sales.

Ultimately when we look at the purpose of any ad, any marketing campaign, any PR strategy, they all are supposed to create sales. That is the purpose. In my opinion, Ugg has nailed it.

When you create your next ad piece, marketing piece or PR strategy, decide on your tactic to get a response and do it well keeping in mind that aesthetics is a central element to sales. Make it look great in order to gravitate interest to your product, service or brand.

- Robert Cornish
CEO, Richter10.2 Media Group

No comments:

Post a Comment