Sunday, January 16, 2011

Second Wind

Everybody swings up and down in life. Some days your on top of your game and others... not so much. In business, as in any sport or activity, you need to really zero in on what gives you your second wind. In other words, what takes the time out of the equation for you to bounce back so you get your game face on and continue your forward momentum.

For me, it's reading and running. When my thoughts seem a little un-clear and I'm a little beat up by the week or various problems arise in the business that all seem to need "urgent" attention, I run or read. Reading gives me clarity. I read mostly business books but they help exercise my thoughts and allow me to have clear ideas re-circulate in my mind which almost always handle the exact issues I am faced with in my company. Running allows me to completely extrovert so my attention is outward rather than inward. Body's need exercise and pushing yourself to the limit physically will give you a feeling of calm and clarity. While running I typically have clear ideas come to me that handle and address various problems as well.

But you have to find what works for you. How can you get your second wind. For you, it might be shopping or a short out of town trip for a day or two. Whatever it may be, figure it out and do it every time you get the wind knocked out of you a little so you can get back on your game and on your mission to attain your goals.

- Robert Cornish
CEO, Richter10.2 Media Group

No comments:

Post a Comment